Saturday, February 6, 2010

change starts now!

Well here goes, I've decided to keep track of my progress with a blog. Partially hoping that I will be held accountable not only to myself but to anyone else who decides to read this.
I've taken to calling myself a sloth the past few months...who am I kidding the past 2 years!

Well change starts now!


Here's how I'm starting the change
-I've joined a 10k running clinic with a friend
-I have my first appointment with a holistic nutritionist on Monday
-I've started a diet diary
-I am making healthier choices

If anyone has any tips or encouragement I'd love to hear it!

2 years ago I ran a 10k in 58 minutes, this was apparently a good time for a first time runner. Well after I crossed the finish line I didn't run again until last Wednesday (my first night of the running clinic)
why you ask? well I'm not really sure, laziness I guess?
Now I've got about 20 lbs to lose, not a lot compared to some people, but definitely the most extra weight I've ever carried!
Time to shape up, I'm turning 30 in two weeks and and to run a 1/2 marathon before the end of the year.
So goals are:
lose the 20 lbs
run the 10k in under 58 mins
do a 1/2 marathon before the end of the year.

Short term goal, don't drink to much wine tonight that you can't get up for the 9am Sunday morning run clinic, ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment